(Serves 4 – 6 people)
Recipe yield: 3 pint
Crab Meat 1 lb
White Onion 2 tbsp
Diced Celery 1 tbsp
Diced Pimento Peppers 1 tbsp
Diced Parsley 2 tsp
Eggs, Whole 3 each, (pasteurized)
Lemon Juice 1/4 tsp
Old Bay Seasoning 1/4 tsp
Panko Crumbs 2 pint
Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Chop White Onions, Celery, and Pimento Peppers to minced size.
- Separate crabmeat for crab legs, and drain excess water
- In large mixing bowl add minced vegetables, chopped Parsley, and Panko Crumbs.
- In a small Bowl mix together lemon juice, whole eggs, and old bay seasoning until thoroughly incorporated, and then add this to the batter mixture.
- With latex gloves mix by hand, all above ingrediance until thoroughly incorporated.
- You may need to add more or less of the Panko crumbs to the mixture.
- Add panko crumbs into the moist mixture, if needed continue adding panko crumbs to the batter to have it sticky but not moist.
- Keep mixing the batter by hand to thoroughly mix and moisten everything.
- You can finish the batter by mixing crabmeat, when this is thoroughly incorporated fold in crab leg meat keeping them whole as best as possible.
- Shape mixture into patties two to three inches in diameter and 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 inch thick.
- Cook in a non stick pan with a small amount of oil or butter until golden on both sides at five to six minutes total.
Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce. Serve with our crab cake sauce (See Recipe) or your favorite sauce.
Crab Cake Sauce
(Serves 4 – 6 people)
Recipe yield: 1 pint
2 tbsp Potato, small; peeled and steamed
1/2 tsp Parsley, Chopped
1/2 tsp Chopped Garlic
1 pinch Paprika
1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
3/4 pint Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Celery, minced
1 tbsp White onions, minced
1 tbsp Sweet red Pimientos
For ease, clean the vegetables, then chop onion, celery, and sweet red pimientos in the blender to minced sizes. In the same blender you can add chopped parsley, chopped garlic, paprika, Old Bay seasoning, Lemon juice, cooked and peeled potato, and mayonnaise and pulse until blended. The sauce should be emulsified as a dressing. Seal in a container, and name and date. It will last a week in the refrigerator, and serves 4 to 6 people in 2 oz servings.