SCOMA’S HALIBUT WITH CITRUS DRIZZLE ON SPRING MIX
Hands on time: 20 minutes
Marinade time: two hours to overnight, refrigerated
Cook time: 15 minutes
2- Halibut filets, 5-6 ounces each and 1 inch thick
One bag spring lettuce mix, washed
One tomato, sliced
Selection of pitted olives
1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
1 lemon, sliced into wedges
In a large (gallon size) Ziploc® baggie add and mix together:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 black teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 6 sprigs of fresh lemon thyme and fresh Italian parsley
- 2 springs of fresh rosemary
For the Citrus Drizzle:
1/8 cup each fresh orange, lemon, lime and Ruby grapefruit juice
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme, chopped
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Stir together and store Drizzle in an air-tight container for up to a week.
- Put the halibut into the baggie and gently toss. Refrigerator overnight or for at least two to four hours.
- In a bowl, add two generous handfuls of spring mix lettuce and toss with 1 – 2 tablespoons of Citrus Drizzle.
- Place the dressed lettuce on a serving dish and garnish with chopped chives, tomato slices, olives and lemon wedges garnish with chopped chives, tomato slices, olives and lemon wedges.
- Ten minutes prior to grilling, remove the halibut from the baggie and use a paper towel to wipe off excess oil and herbs. With the grill at a medium-high heat, gently place the fish (flesh side down) on the grill and cover. Cook 7-8 minutes on one side to seal in the juices. Gently turn over the fish and finish cooking another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the halibut to the platter and carefully place on top of Spring Mix. Sprinkle halibut with Citrus Drizzle. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories from fat: 330
Total fat: 37g
Monounsaturated fat: 24g
Total Carbohydrates: 10g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
A full bodied Sauvignon Blanc such as Matanzas Creek, Chalk Hill or Edna Valley or a Pinot Grigio, such as, Swanson or King’s Estate.