Scoma’s Mindful Supper II – The Producers !!
May 15, 2019 5:30pm
We invite you to join us for our second “Mindful Supper,” a series of events dedicated to showcasing our wonderful purveyors in the Bay Area who take a mindful and attentive approach to the food they produce and the environment in which it is cultivated. This five-course supper, “The Producers,” features the bounty from local farmers, foragers, and artisans with a menu lovingly created by our Guest Chef Gordon Drysdale. And as an added bonus, The Fishwives band will be making an appearance, serving up some raucous and irreverent songs of the sea. (Click here to learn more about Fishwives Band)
- Nick Krieger, F/V Take Time (Commercial crab boat captain & of Deadliest Catch fame)
- Andy Griffin, Mariquita Farm (Third generation farmer and an industry “go to” favorite)
- Michael Recchiuti, Recchiuti Chocolates (Hand-making confections for more than 20 years)
- Julie Rossotti, Rossotti Ranch (Producing some of the most humane and highest quality meat available in the US)
- Kirk Lombard, The Sea Forager (Writer and sea forager and leader of the #1 walking tour by SF Weekly)
- Jim Reichardt, Sonoma Poultry (Fourth generation duck farmer widely known for humanely raising their highly-sought-after Liberty Ducks)
- Connie Green, Wine Forest Mushrooms (Bringing wild mushrooms and foods to the country’s best chefs and kitchens since 1982)
“As chefs, we sometimes put too much focus on what is on the plate, and not how it got there. Hence, the creation of Scoma’s Mindful Suppers– showcasing the great minds and methods behind the ingredients that go into creating delicious and wholesome food.” – Chef Gordon Drysdale
Since its inception in 1965, Scoma’s has recognized the significance respecting the environment and has taken a similar approach in its fishing and sourcing methods. Only using the freshest locally-caught seafood and locally-sourced ingredients, the restaurant prides itself on maintaining a mindful way of running a restaurant and always being respectful and grateful of nature and what the ocean and land have provided us.
We hope you will be able to join us for this evening of wonderful food, drinks, music, people and conversation.
Scoma’s also offers complimentary valet parking.