CALAMARI FRITTE APPETIZER
2 cups calamari, T & T, cleaned
1 cup flour
1 pinch oregano, dried
1 pinch salt & Pepper
1 quart canola oil (frying)
- Clean the calamari
- Use the tubes and tentacles, then wash with water.
- Heat oil oil for frying and dust the calamari with flour to coat.
- Add to oil and fry until golden brown.
- Add to a bowl and mix in the dried oregano and salt and pepper.
- Squeeze of a lemon wedge.
- Place on the plate.
The Calamari is served in small plate with chopped parsley and a lemon wedge, and a ramekin of cocktail sauce.