FETTUCCINI WITH SMOKED SALMON & ROCK SHRIMP
1 cup Rock Shrimp Meat (without shells)
1 Pinch Dill, Fresh, Chopped
2 Tbsp Red Onion, Sliced
2 Tbsp Cured Salmon (Gravlox)
1 Splash White Wine (1 Tbsp)
1/2cup Cream Sauce
2 oz Lemon butter
5 oz Fettuccine pasta, dried
- In a 4-quart stockpot fill half way up with water, and a pinch of salt.
- Bring water to a simmer, and add dried fettuccine pasta, cook to al dente.
- In a sauté pan add lemon butter and heat up. Add onion, rock shrimp and sweat; but don’t caramelize, which will produce a brownish color.
- Splash with white wine and reduce, add white cream sauce and a pinch of fresh dill.
- When fettuccine pasta is finished cooking, strain water, add to sauce pan, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour these ingredients into a large pasta bowl and top with chopped smoked salmon.
Shell Sec Sauce
Marinara Sauce (2 oz. – Tomato Sauce with Herbs)
Veloute Sauce (4 oz. – Cream Sauce with Clam Juice)
Mix the two sauces to create Sauce Shell Sec. (Thickened with Roux)
You can serve this pasta dish with San Francisco sour dough bread, olive oil, and a glass of fruity acidic white wine.