BBQ GARLIC CRAB
(Purchase one crab per person)
- 1 – Cooked, cleaned, and cracked crab (ask your local fishmonger to do this)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- One half of a lemon
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Parsley, chopped
- Lightly cook the garlic in the olive oil in a sauté pan (about 2-3 minutes on med-low heat). Allow to cool.
- Add the crab and toss with the salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the grill to high. Place crab on paper towels to absorb oil before placing on grill. Carefully place all the marinated crab onto the hot grill, cover with grill lid. Allow to cook 4-5 minutes then turn over grill another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the grill; place into a large metal bowl. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the crab and toss with the chopped parsley.
- Serve on a large platter with fresh lemon wedges.
Serve with crusty bread and a full bodied white wine such as Domaine Chandon Chardonnay or La Crema Chardonnay. Or try something different – a light Pinot Noir like Chateau St. Jean.