4 ea. – Fresh Alaskan or Northern Halibut filet (6-7 oz.). Skin off, Ask your fishmonger to do this for you.
1 oz. – Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to season
6 ea. – Pimento Stuffed Spanish Olives
1/2 c. – Pitted Kalamata Olives
2 ea. – Anchovy Fillet
1 T. – Fried Minced Garlic
1 T. – Small Capers
5 ea. – Cherry Tomatoes (Cut into small segments)
1/4 c. – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 t. – Fresh Lemon Juice
1 pn. – Black Pepper
- Place 1Tbl. of the olive oil in a small, non-stick pan & fry the garlic until lightly golden color.
- Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- Chop the olives, anchovy & tomatoes into small diced pieces & add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the capers, olive oil, lemon juice & pepper. Mix well, cover & set aside. (does not need to be refrigerated).
- Season the Halibut with salt and pepper.
- Add 1oz. olive oil to a pre-heated (med-high setting), non-stick pan, & sear the Halibut fillets skinned side up for @ 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce to medium heat & carefully turn the fish over & cover.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until center is cooked through, (130-140 degrees).
Carefully remove cover, & with a spatula, gently remove the fish & place on your favorite serving platter. Top each fish fillet with a rounded tablespoon, or more, of the Tapenade. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes or roasted red potatoes & sautéed fresh spinach, or favorite side dishes of your own. We also suggest serving the fish on top of a bed of spring mix salad tossed with extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice or your favorite dressing.